Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Chill People!

What is up with people and their attitudes?! I've been having conversations with people this week about how people have been acting lately. I volunteer for the PTO at my daughter's school where I do the directory for all the classes. Families were suppose to submit their forms for this thing at registration. I have sent an email recently letting them know I need the info by a certain date, otherwise I cannot print their family info in the directory. I have received numerous emails back from people that have a tone and down right yelling at me and my helpers whatever their reasons for not getting the info to me. Ugh!

At one of Jenna's meetings yesterday, one of the parents dropped off their child late and was all pissy because they didn't know where the meeting was, even though their spouse responded to an email that was sent a little bit before the meeting that they would be there.

One of Jenna's friend's mom is a high school teacher and she was telling me that this year she is having parents coming to her and telling, that's right, telling her that she needs to change what she is teaching them because it is too hard. What?!

We blamed it on the economy, but that is still no excuse. What is up with people having no respect for others?

1 comment:

Jeff C said...

Hey Mich,

I really like your blog. You're dead-on about people's 'tudes these days. You'll find that it's worse whenever you're viewed as someone who should be 'of service' to the offended party (like a PTO volunteer, for instance). People love venting on the perceived vulnerable.

I found you while searching for Bloomington-area bloggers, and I kind of had this weird favor to ask you...

I'm a writer and cartoonist and my brand new syndicated comic strip - "DeFlocked" (endorsed by Larry David) - is one of three new comics up for a vote in your daily paper, The Pantagraph. I'm earnestly looking for some local support.

Would you mind checking out my strip at www.deflocked.com, and, if you like my sense of humor, maybe go here and vote for DeFlocked: http://pantagraph.upickem.net/engine/Votes.aspx?PageType=VOTING&contestid=3000
(Like most newspapers' websites, they make you register first. Hopefully, that's cool) It would only take a second, and it would be a HUGE help to me.

Voting ends at 5 p.m. this Friday, 10/17, so if you could - PLEASE spread the word!

Thanks - I really really appreciate it. Have a great rest of the week, and best of luck dealing with those crazy parents!

Jeff Corriveau
jeff@deflocked.com